A duty roster covering the next three weeks appears each week in the bulletin named Northern Disclosures. If you are unable to attend a meeting when you have been delegated as a duty officer, please arrange to swap with another member. You need to email Laurie Corcoran your RSVP (either way) no later than 10am on Tuesday. This helps with catering and costs.
- Introduce the Guest Speaker (try to obtain a mini resume over dinner);
- Run the question time;
- Arrange a suitable vote of thanks for the Guest Speaker;
- Present a certificate of appreciation;
- As best as possible keep the guest speaker to 20 minutes including question time.
- Greet members and guests;
- Mark people on the Attendance Sheet and then give it to the Secretary. The night’s Attendance Sheet can be found on the entry table.
- Ensure visitors are introduced to a member/s to act as host to that person, and
- Give assistance to any member or visitors that require it.
- Prepare a short information session of any Rotary topic that you think members may find interesting. The Rotary International Website and the Rotary Down Under magazine will have sources of information.
- Bring a gift /voucher (value approx $10-15) for a prize for the winner of heads and tails in the Sergeant’s session and prepare a short information session on “What’s new in my Life”.
- Many buy a bottle of wine from the bar, but you can bring whatever you think is appropriate.
Bulletin Editor/ Note Taker:
- Record an accurate record of the meeting and email to the Bulletin Editor.